Follow the 8 A’s to kick start your Daniels journey!
1. Accept your Offer
- If you have not already done so, please follow the instructions included in your admission package on your Join UofT Portal to accept your offer of admission by the stated deadline.
- If you have applied through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) as a 101, 105F or 105D applicant, you must accept your offer of admission through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) by the confirmation deadline date stated on your offer letter.
- If you applied directly to the University of Toronto (Internal Applicant, Part Time Applicant, University of Toronto International Application), accept your offer at join.utoronto.ca.
- Want to take a gap year? Request a deferral by August 30, 2019.
2. Apply for Residence
- There are a variety of student housing options open to Daniels Faculty students.
- If you are interested in living in one the many residences on campus, ensure you submit your My Res application by March 31 through myres.utoronto.ca.
- Learn more about Student Housing at U of T by visiting studentlife.utoronto.ca/hs.
- The Department of Student Housing also provides U of T students with various resources to help secure off-campus housing, if not living in residence.
3. Access your courses
- Over the coming weeks you should take some time to familiarize yourself with UofT’s online registration and records system: ACORN (also called the “Student Web Service”). All course enrollment takes place online.
- Course enrollment for first year students will begin July 25, 2019. It is recommended that you prepare beforehand what courses you will need to enroll in. More information on course enrollment will be provided at Academic Orientation and here in early July.
- Transfer students admitted into second year will begin course enrollment July 18, 2019.
- Students transferring from another post-secondary institution or UofT division must apply for transfer credits. The recommended deadline is June 26, 2019. More information about transfer credits is available on our website.
- Fall clases will begin on September 5, 2019.
4. Assess your Finances
- Take the time to plan out all your expenses and set a budget to ensure that you have adequate funding available for the upcoming year. Visit daniels.utoronto.ca for information on financial aid and check out the Financial Planning Calculator.
- If you are an Ontario Resident looking for government aid, it is recommended that you start applying early for the Ontario Student Assistance Plan (OSAP).
- If you are out-of-province, check with your local funding agency for relevant deadlines.
- Review the Daniels undergraduate awards that you may be eligible for upon admission, while you are at Daniels, and upon graduation. Most of these awards do not require applications. If there are any awards that require applications, a call for applications will be sent via email.
- Pre-pay your first year of tuition fees: international students from certain countries may consider pre-paying the first year of tuition fees to facilitate their study permit application.
- The first installment of your academic fees is due August 28, 2019 and you will be able to view details regarding your fees on ACORN in mid-July. Fee deferral requests are also made through ACORN by this date.
5. Attend Orientation Events
- We will be hosting a reception for Admitted Undergraduate Students on May 9, 2019 in our Main Hall, and enourage you all to attend!
- Join us for the Welcome Event & Academic Orientation on the evening of June 25, 2019. This session is a great opportunity to learn more about degree requirements, how course selection works, what you can expect in your first year of study, and will give you the opportunity to ask questions and to meet faculty, student services staff, and other students. Check back for more information soon!
- Other Orientation activities will take place before classes begin in the first week of September. Stay tuned for details!
6. Activate your Student Life
- Prior to the beginning of the fall semester it is important that you obtain your UofT Student Card (T-Card), activate your UTORID, and begin using your UofT email account.
- If you are an international student, we encourage you to take a look at the pre-arrival guide and next steps information available through the Centre for International Experience.
- As a Daniels Faculty student, you will also have the opportunity to engage with our undergraduate Architecture and Visual Studies Student Union (AVSSU). AVSSU will be running orientation activities before the beginning of classes this fall to help all new students get well aquianted with their new home!
- Visit the Future UofT website to learn about the many programs, services, clubs, and activities UofT has to offer.
- One of the best things you can do to ensure a successful transition into your first year in the Daniels Faculty is to get involved in the Daniels student community. Keep an eye out for information about the Daniels Orientation Week 2019 and be sure to sign up!
- The Daniels Mentorship Program is an opportunity for students to connect with senior students, find support within the faculty, and have some fun. Details for participating in this program will be available soon.
8. Ask Questions