The main source of financial aid for students is the federally and provincially funded Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP). Application forms are available after April 1 at the School of Graduate Studies, Student Services Office.
Bursaries and Emergency Loans
A limited amount of emergency assistance is also available on a case-by-case basis through the School of Graduate Studies bursary and emergency loan programs.
Emergency Faculty Grants & Bursaries
Deadline to Apply: November 1
If you have exhausted all other means of support and still find yourself in financial difficulty, the John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design can provide financial assistance in the form of a grant.
The Faculty grants do not replace OSAP or UTAPS; the grants help to alleviate temporary financial setbacks.
If you are not eligible for OSAP, you may still apply for Faculty grants; however, please keep in mind that resources are limited. Grant applications are being accepted now. Please read the infomation below carefully, and completed forms should be submitted to the Daniels front desk.
Please Read Carefully Before Completing Your Grant Application
When completing a grant application it is important that we get a complete picture of your current financial situation. If you have special circumstances that you would like us to consider, please provide an explanation in the space provided on the form or in an attached letter. Failure to give a complete picture of your financial situation can delay the decision process.
Decisions will be sent to your e-mail address on ROSI, you should ensure that your e-mail is up-to-date. Please see the University’s policy on official correspondence with students at www.rosi.utoronto.ca.
- When completing the form, please indicate:
- All scholarships
- Total OSAP (or other provincial student loan), (fall and spring amounts + millenium scholarships etc.)
- UTAPS award (if you know it)
- If you have an outstanding bank loan, please indicate clearly that it is a loan. If you have large credit card debts, please explain how they arose. Please indicate how much interest you are paying each month. Should your grant request be successful, the Faculty will provide assistance with the interest only.
- If you have any large expenditures other than tuition, books, and rent, were unable to save a substantial portion of your summer income, or did not work during the past summer, please explain why.
- If your parents are not providing support, please explain the reasons.
- If you feel that there is something that you can only explain in person, indicate at the top of the form that you would like to make an appointment and you will be contacted.
- Please note that you can apply for OSAP until 90 days prior to the end of the school year if you have not done so already.
Financial Aid Counsellng & Support
To speak with a financial aid counsellor, or to learn about programs and services designed to help graduate students at the University of Toronto, please visit the SGS financial aid website.